Advanced Insurance is a growing, fast-paced well-established boutique insurance agency located in Warren, MI focused on promoting growth within the organization and offering Employee Benefits solutions to our clients. Our agency is in major growth mode and we are looking for a Senior Account Manager with in-depth knowledge of group medical and ancillary lines and a proven record of great client relationships!
At Advanced Insurance the Senior Account Manager is responsible for the day to day execution of client services administration for an assigned block of clients. In this important role, the Senior Account Manager is the face of Advanced Insurance to our clients. This individual will be working closely with the sales team and within a well-run Account Management team. We are looking for a Senior Account Manager who takes pride in their work and on being informed about all the changes in the world of insurance! This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to join a firm with future growth opportunities.
Duties for this position include:
- Provide administrative support to an assigned block of clients (20-500 lives)
- Establish and preserve a solid business rapport with clients and vendors
- Resolve complex customer service problems
- Day to day service support of client needs and the ability to escalate client concerns when appropriate
- Ability to conduct client meetings as needed
- Oversee new client set-up, renewals and open enrollment meetings
- Take the lead on designated renewals: prepare RFP, collect and review competitive proposals, prepare renewal presentation illustrating market offerings and present the Advanced Insurance recommendation
- Create and coordinate employee communications for enrollment
- Educate clients on applicable legislation and market trends
- Generate client interest in additional lines of coverage and cross serving opportunities
- Coach and assist less tenured client services staff
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications required for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. A degree in business, human resources, health care administration or other related area is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the welfare benefit plan industry is preferred, working for an employer, insurer/administrator or broker.
- Experience in building client relationships and resolving client issues
- Ability to work on multiple projects and work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Must obtain and maintain required licenses/certifications as required within first 3 months of employment
- Michigan Life and Health License Required
- Proficient use of applicable technology including Microsoft Office Suite products
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Some local travel required based on client and business needs
- Knowledge of ancillary lines (Life, Disability, Dental & Vision), HSA’s, HRA’s, FSA’s and other products
Opportunity for discretionary performance bonus, growth opportunities, promotions/advancements. Health, Dental Vision, matching 401k
Flexible Hours are available
Interview/Start Date: ASAP
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Please forward cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org