Advanced Insurance is growing again. This fast-paced well-established boutique insurance agency located in Warren, MI focused on offering Employee Benefits solutions to our clients. Our agency is in a major growth mode and we are looking for a HR Benefits & compliance specialist with in-depth knowledge of HRIS, payroll systems, and ACA compliance.
At Advanced Insurance the HR Benefits & Compliance specialist is responsible for the day to day administration and operation of the different HR platforms (HRIS/Payroll Solutions/ACA compliance) for our advanced insurance clients. This individual will work closely with the General Manager and the owner for direction. We are looking for a HR Benefits & compliance specialist who takes pride in their work and on being informed about all the changes in the world of insurance! This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to join a firm with future growth opportunities.
Duties for this position include:
- Coordinate compliance between agency and clients BAA’s (Business associate agreements), SPD’s (summary plan descriptions), SBC (summary of Benefits and coverage)
- Coordinate agency compliance with HIPPA high tech
- Benefit Admin Systems & HRIS (Human resources information systems), Payroll Solutions (ADP- Paychex –Bswift -plan source), overseeing the administration of such systems.
- Evaluating the cost and benefits of such systems as the liaison between agency and vendors.
- Researching and implementing ACA mandates as required by law.
- Ensuring all ACA compliance documents are sent to appropriate groups in a timely fashion.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, management and clients.
- Oversee new client set-up, renewals and open enrollments via the benefit admin systems
- Oversee Microsoft CRM (client relationship management) – create work flows as needed
- Plan, develop, evaluate and communicate techniques for cutting edge HR technologies.
- Educate staff on applicable ACA legislation and market trends
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Desired Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. A degree in business, human resources, health care administration or other related area is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the HR field or benefits admin systems.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Strong technical Aptitude.
- Experienced in building client & vendor relationships.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Michigan Life and Health License is a plus
- Proficient use of applicable technology including Microsoft Office Suite products
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Some local travel required based on client and business needs
- Exceptional follow up and organizational skills
Opportunity for discretionary performance bonus, growth opportunities, promotions/advancements. Health, Dental Vision, matching 401k
Flexible Hours are available
Interview/Start Date: ASAP
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Please forward cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org